By our reporter| A suburb of Akure, Iluabo, was rocked by an explosion that occurred in the area at about 1 am on Saturday.
Residents of the community who were roused from their sleep by the explosion are still in shock without a clue as to what caused the explosion.
It is not yet known if there are casualties.
Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu via his twitter handle while confirming the explosion said there had been a “loud blast” and said he was headed to the “scene to assess”.
He also urged that citizens “remain calm as we ascertain details of the incidence.”
The governor tweeted, ”I’ve been briefed by security agencies in the state concerning the loud blast that was heard in Akure. I will be at the scene to assess on the advise of heads of our security agencies”.
”I ask that all citizens remain calm as we ascertain details of the incidence”.
More to follow…


Leave a Reply