How Boko Haram gathered us, said they wanted to deliver sermon, before killing over 80 people, survivor tells Zulum

By our reporter| One of the survivors of Tuesday’s attack by Boko Haram insurgents on Faduma Kolomdi village in Gubio local government area of Borno state has narrated how the insurgents deceived villagers before opening fire on them and killed about 80 villagers.

According to the survivor, who narrated the harrowing experience to Babagana Zulum, the state governor during Wednesday’s visit to the village, the insurgents came in gun trucks and armoured tanks and by the end of the attack, killed 81 residents, injured 13, and abducted 7 others, including the village head.

He said, “The insurgents in gun trucks and armored tanks, came around 10am. They operated for about six hours and left around 4pm.”

See also  Dangote signs $400m equipment deal to fast track refinery expansion

“They gathered us and said they wanted to deliver religious sermon to us. They asked us to submit whatever arm we had. Some villagers gave up their dane guns, bow and arrows.

Governor Zulum visits Village attacked by Boko Haram

“The insurgents pretended as if they were there for any violence. Suddenly, they started shooting at will. Even children and women were not spared, many were shot at close range. Many started running. At the end end, many persons were killed.

“We have been burying people since from 10:00pm last night to about 6am this morning. We have buried 49 corpses here while another 32 corpses were taken away by families from the villages around us. The insurgents abducted seven persons including our village head. They went away with 400 cattle.”

See also  E-transmission: How the electoral act shameful drama unfolded at NASS

Responding, governor Zulum who described the attack as barbaric, called on the military to intensify efforts on the fight against the insurgents.

Zulum said, “Last year, about same number of people were killed in Gajiram like it happened again. This is barbaric. It is very unfortunate. The only solution to end this massacre is by dislodging the insurgents in the shores of Lake Chad. Doing so will require collaborative regional efforts.”

Leave a Reply