Iran Nukes Attacks: Gulf states on high alert

Gulf states, home to multiple U.S. military bases, were on high alert on Sunday.

Saudi Arabia, the world’s largest oil exporter, was on a high-security alert after the U.S. strikes, two sources with knowledge of the matter told Reuters.

Bahrain, home to the headquarters of the U.S. Navy’s 5th Fleet, urged drivers to avoid main roads.

Kuwait, another key oil exporter in the region, said its defence council would remain in permanent session, according to the state news agency on Sunday, and set up shelters in a ministries complex.

There are U.S. bases in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, as well as in neighboring Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.

Tehran has previously warned that if it were attacked by the United States, it could target American assets in the region, including U.S. military bases.

See also  Gunmen abduct, kill traditional ruler in Ondo

Airlines have been avoiding flying over large parts of the Middle East, including Iran, Iraq, Syria and Israel, due to ongoing missile exchanges.

Agency reports

Leave a Reply