JUST IN: IPOB now a terrorist organisation – Defence Headquaters

Chidi Samuel || Defence headquarters Nigeria has declared the Indigenous people of Biafra, IPOB a terrorist Militant organisation and called on Parents to discourage their children from joining them.

The high command of the military said the IPOB posed security challenge and had been metamorphosing from one stage to another.

John Enenche, the director, defence information, in a statement on Friday restated the commitment of the armed forces to confront “all security challenges facing the country”.

Eneche said, “After due professional analysis and recent developments, it has become expedient to notify the general public that the claim by IPOB actors that the organisation is non-violent is not true.”

“Hence, the need to bring to public awareness the true and current state of IPOB.

See also  Tinubu rushes to sign disputed electoral bill into law

“In this regard, some of their actions, clandestinely and actively, that have been terrorising the general public include:

“The formation of a Biafra Secret Service, claimed formation of Biafra National Guard, unauthorised blocking of public access roads and extortion of money from innocent civilians at illegal road blocks.

“Militant possession and use of weapons (stones, Molotov cocktails, machetes and broken bottles, among others) on a military patrol on Sept. 10, 2017.

“Physical confrontation of troops by Nnamdi Kanu and other IPOB actors at a checkpoint on Sept. 11, 2017, and also attempt to snatch their rifles.

“Attack by IPOB members on a military checkpoint on Sept. 12, 2017, at Isialangwa, where one IPOB actor attempted to snatch a female soldier’s rifle.

See also  Kwara Terror Attack: UN Security Council wants perpetrators, sponsors brought to justice

“From the foregoing, the Armed Forces of Nigeria wish to confirm to the general public that IPOB from all intent, plan and purpose as analysed, is a militant terrorist organisation.”