The Federal Ministry of Health on Saturday confirmed 10 new cases of the coronavirus disease in Nigeria – three in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja and seven in Lagos State.
This was contained in a statement released by the Federal Ministry of Health on Saturday.
“This brings the total number of confirmed cases in Nigeria to 22,” the statement said.
According to the minister, the infection so far, is in three states in addition to the FCT — Lagos, Ekiti, and Ogun.
The three cases in Abuja, two males and one female all returned from abroad between March 14 and 18.
While one has been in self-isolation, the other two, Ehanire said, have not.
He also said the 10 new cases are Nigerians, and that nine of them have travel history to Canada, France, The Netherlands, Spain and the United Kingdom and returned in the past one week, while the tenth case is a close contact of a previously confirmed case.
Ehanire said: “Nigeria has recorded 10 new cases of COVID-19 in Lagos and Abuja.
“That is a total of 22 cases in Nigeria: Lagos, 16; FCT, 3; Ekiti, 1, and Ogun, 2.”
He added that two of the patients have been discharged, and that “all cases are clinically stable and receiving adequate care”.


Leave a Reply