Kaduna state governor El-Rufai tests positive to Covid-19

Yusuf Bello|Kaduna state governor, Nasir El-Rufai on Saturday confirmed he has tested positive for the coronavirus disease.

The governor made the disclosure via a video posted on his verified Twitter handle @GovKaduna.

He said, “Earlier this week, I submitted a sample for the COVID-19 test. The result came in this evening, and I regret to say that it is positive.”

“According to the protocols for managing COVID-19, I am in self-isolation as required by the case management guidelines of the NCDC for someone that is not showing symptoms.

“I wish to appeal to the people of Kaduna State to continue to closely observe the preventive measures already announced.

“It is most important that everybody should do their utmost to stay safe, stay home and stay alive”.

See also  Owo Church Attack: Court admits confessional statements, forensic report as DSS closes case

El-Rufai said, the Deputy Governor is chairing the COVID-19 Taskforce and will continue to issue statements from time to time.

He is the second governor to test positive for the virus.

The Kaduna state governor joins his Bauchi State counterpart, Bala Mohammed as the second state chief executive to test positive to Covid-19.

Leave a Reply