Kaduna Train Attack: Terrorists free Ango Abdullahi’s son, six others

By our reporter| The bandits who derailed the Abuja-Kaduna bound train in March on Saturday released seven more abducted passengers including the son of Ango Abdullahi, chairman of Northern Elders Forum (NEF) after seven over hundred days in captivity.

The bandits attacked the Kaduna-bound train on March 28, killing several persons and injuring dozens.

Eleven of the abducted passengers had earlier been released in June.

Tukur Mamu, publisher of Desert Herald, who negotiated the release of the abducted passengers, identified the newly-freed passengers as Muhammad Paki, Bosede Olurotimi, Abubakar Zubairu, Alhassan Sule, Sadiq Ango Abdullahi, Aliyu Usman and Muhammad Abuzar Afzal, a Pakistani.

“I want to assure the nation that everything that was achieved today was singlehandedly initiated and arranged by me with the full support and prayers of my principal, Sheikh [Ahmad] Gumi,” he said.

See also  Owo Church Attack: Court admits confessional statements, forensic report as DSS closes case

“That is why I keep emphasising that government has the power to end the agony of these innocent victims in one day. This is just one individual that sacrifice his life and even integrity.

“There is no military solution to the current security debacle in Nigeria. When you sincerely engage them, these guys even though wicked with misguided religious beliefs, they are listening.

“I have sufficient evidence to prove that they do listen. It is this power of engagement and sincerity that resulted to the release of (these) seven victims.”

Abdulfatai Jimoh, the coordinator of the families of the abducted passengers, confirmed the release of the seven victims.

“Yes, it is true seven people were released today, I just spoke with the family of one of those released,” Jimoh said.

See also  Rivers Assembly halts impeachment proceedings against Fubara, deputy

 

Leave a Reply