By our reporter| The presidency on Saturday said the military, supported by air power, has located the enclave of bandits at Zango/Paula forest in Kankara, Katsina State.
The bandits were believed to have used the base for Friday night’s attack on the Government Science Secondary School.
In a statement on Saturday, presidential spokesman Garba Shehu said there had been exchange of fire in an ongoing operation.
He said, the update came “in the latest briefing received by the President from Governor Aminu Bello Masari, with whom he has been in touch, and the Army Chief of Staff, General Tukur Buratai.”
According to Shehu, the police has so far there has not reported any student casualty but many remain unaccounted for.
Meanwhile, President Muhammadu while condemning the attack on Saturday charged the army and the police to go after the attackers of Government Science Secondary School, Kankara in Katsina State to ensure that no student gets missing or harmed.
In a statement, Buhari implored the school authorities to carry out an audit of the population of the students following shootings that sent hundreds of them fleeing and scrambling over perimeter walls.
“I strongly condemn the cowardly bandits’ attack on innocent children at the Science School, Kankara. Our prayers are with the families of the students, the school authorities, and the injured,” said the President.
Buhari, who promised to continue to support the police and military struggle against terrorists and bandits, directed the reinforcement of security of all schools in line with the safe school’s policy of the administration.


Leave a Reply