Telecoms giant MTN has confirmed that its being probed by the Economic and Finacial Crime Commission following its listing on the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
The telecom giant, which was listed on the Exchange last week, said it had not been accused of any wrongdoing by the EFCC, so far.
In a statement by the Company Secretary, Uto Ukpanah, which was posted on the NSE’s website on Saturday, MTN said it received a letter from EFCC on Thursday requesting information and documentation related to the listing of its shares.
The statement read, “We wish to reiterate that we received all regulatory approvals required to list our shares on the Nigerian Stock Exchange, as publicly confirmed by the Nigerians Stock Exchange and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
“As a law-abiding and responsible corporate citizen, we are co-operating fully with the authorities. We are committed to good governance and to abiding by the extant laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.”


Leave a Reply