No diamond bra recovered from Diezani – EFCC Boss

By our reporter/ Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Abdulrasheed Bawa on Wednesday said there was no diamond bra recovered from Diezani Alison-Madueke, former petroleum minister.

Diezani is alleged to have stolen $2.5 billion from the federal government while she was minister of petroleum under former president Jonathan.

The federal government in October listed assets forfeited by Diezani to include properties located in Banana Island Foreshore Estate, Ikoyi, Lagos.

Other items listed are 125 wedding gowns, 13 small gowns, 41 waist trainers, 73 hard flowers, 11 suits, 11 invisible bras, 73 veils, 30 braziers, two standing fans, 17 magic skirts, six blankets, one table blanket and 64 pairs of shoes.

See also  DMO: Nigeria’s public debt stock rose by N900bn to N153trn in Q3 2025

But late last month, reports circulated in the media that diamond bras were included in the items forfeited by Deziani.

EFCC chairman who disputed the report of the diamond bra while speaking on Wednesday during a programme on TVC, said no such item was recovered from Diezani.

Bawa also said one of the challenges affecting the agency’s operations is the attitude of Nigerians to the activities of the commission.

“You have accused us several times of media trial, but I think it’s good to be fair to everybody at all times. Justice is a two-way thing. There was nothing like diamond bra. It’s a creation of social media,” he said.

“I can tell you that for free because I am the lead investigator on that. I’m not aware of it. If there is something on that, I should know because I led the search and all of that.

See also  PENGASSAN faults executive order on oil revenue, says Tinubu ill-advised

“And that is one of the things that I mentioned to you that the biggest problem that we have is our attitude. We need to change for the better.”

 

Leave a Reply