#OccupyLekki: Lagos Mobile court grants Mr Macaroni, 39 other protesters bail

Ebun Francis| Debo Adebayo, aka Mr. Macaroni and 39 other arrested #OccupyLekki protesters were on Saturday evening granted bail by a Lagos Mobile court.

Lagos state police command spokesman, Muyiwa Adejobi, who confirmed the development in a statement said 40 suspected protesters were arrested at the Lekki TollGate Plaza.

“The command has arrested forty (40) suspects at Lekki Toll Gate plaza, Lagos State, on Saturday 13th February, 2021, for conspiracy, conduct likely to cause a breach of peace and violation of COVID-19 protocols, Adejobi said.

“The suspects had gathered at the Lekki Toll Gate plaza creating tension and behaving in such a manner that could cause a breach of public peace without due regard for COVID-19 protocols major of which are use of nose masks and social distancing.

See also  Nuhu Ribadu accused of unlawfully detaining woman for months over recording alleged ‘romantic video call’ with Tinubu - Report

“The command has, however, arraigned the suspects today to the mobile court at Panti, Yaba accordingly but were however granted bail by the court. They will appear in court on the next date of adjournment, 2nd March 2021, with the certificate of the COVID-19 test.

“The command, therefore, assured the general public that it will always discharge its statutory duties as expected within the ambit of the law while appealing to Lagosians to be law-abiding and go about their lawful businesses.”

Mr. Macaroni and the other protesters were arrested on Saturday for protesting at the Lekki toll gate where they demanded justice for victims of last year’s #EndSARS protest allegedly shot at the toll plaza.

See also  SSS to arraign El-Rufai on Wednesday for cybercrime, national security breach

 

Leave a Reply