Yusuf Bello| Nigeria’s chief of army staff, Tukur Buratai on Sunday said troops have killed 1, 015 Boko Haram fighters in the past six weeks in a renewed offensive against the insurgents.
Buratia who made the disclosure in a luncheon organised by Operation Lafiya Dole on Sunday, Buratai also revealed that 84 high ranking members of Boko Haram logistics and informants were arrested during the offensive.
He thanked sister organisations like the Nigeria air force, Nigerian navy and the police for their contributions in the successes so far recorded against the insurgents.
Buratai said, “We have put concerted efforts against BHTs and ISWAP. We have severely dealt with the BH terrorists and ISWAP.”
“We have successfully displaced major camps of the BHTs. We have killed 1015 terrorists and ISWAP in the ongoing operation in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa states respectively.
“We have also arrested 84 BHTs logistics and information suppliers in the ongoing operation which started 12 April, 2020.”


Leave a Reply