Police dismiss four officers who stole from Ex President Jonathan

Ebun Francis || The Nigeria Police on Thursday announced the dismissal of the four police officers who masterminded the theft in the Abuja home of former President Goodluck Jonathan.

Musa Kimo, the FCT police commissioner approved the dismissal of the four policemen for burgling the Gwarimpa residence of the former president.

In a statement, the FCT police command spokesman, Anjuguri Manzah said that the affected officers were posted to protect the home of the former President but instead decided to rob the property they were supposed to protect.

The affected officers, all sergeants, are Musa Musa, F/No. 436691; John Nanpak, F/No. 235422; Ogah Audu, F/No.261898 and Gabriel Ugah, F/No. 425210.

Manzah said, “Sequel to the outcome of the orderly room proceeding, the Commissioner of Police FCT, CP Musa Kimo, has approved the immediate dismissal of the following police Rank and Files from the Nigeria Police Force.”

See also  Nuhu Ribadu accused of unlawfully detaining woman for months over recording alleged ‘romantic video call’ with Tinubu - Report

He further stated that the main culprit, Mr. Musa, would be charged to court, while efforts had been intensified to arrest his alleged accomplice, Malam Shuaibu, who is currently on the run.

The police spokesperson explained that the dismissal was in line with the First Schedule of Police Act and Regulation 370 Cap 19.
“This action is in compliance with the vision of the Inspector-General of Police to rid the Nigeria Police Force of criminal elements,” he said.