An official of the Local vigilante known as the civilian -JTF, Bello Danbatta has confirmed that at least three people died in the twin bomb explosion carried out by two suicide bombers( a male and female), near the popular Monday market on Sunday morning in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital.Officials of NEMA have also confirmed the attack.
According to Dambatta, “So far, three persons are dead.”
“It was a suicide bomb attack, we are trying to ascertain the actual number of those injured in the hospital now,” he added.
An official of the National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA, also confirmed the casualty.
Sani Datti, National spokesman for NEMA, said “three of the dead persons are female bombers, while 17 persons that were injured have been evacuated to hospitals in Maiduguri.”
The police spokesperson, Victor Isuku, also confirmed the blast which he said the occurred near Old NEPA office, not far from the Monday market, in Maiduguri.