Tinubu: Some persons told President Buhari I sponsored the #EndSars protests

By our reporter|A national leader of the ruling All Congress Party, Bola Tinubu, whose Business interests came under attack by protesters on Wednesday has denied any involvement in the #EndSARS protests.

Tinubu who made the accusation whike speaking on Channels TV programme following the break down of law and order in Lagos as a results of Tuesday’s attack on #EndSars protesters by security operatives, said some persons lied to the presidency that he is behind the protests.

The former Lagos state governor condemned security operatives for firing live bullets at protesters in Lekki, also
denied having any investment in the Lekki Concession Company.

Tinubu said, “I have no dime, no kobo investment in the toll gate.”

See also  Nuhu Ribadu accused of unlawfully detaining woman for months over recording alleged ‘romantic video call’ with Tinubu - Report

“I will never, never be part of any carnage. I will never be part of that. Why will they use live bullets?

“Before now, I was being accused and reported to the Presidency that I was behind the protests, that I was a sponsor of the protests.”

The strong man of South West politics had earlier on Tuesday, urged the #EndSars protesters against giving the impression that they wanted to cause anarchy.

He had said, “any government will necessarily have to act with the requisite decisiveness and force to restore law and order” if that happens to be the case.

Leave a Reply