By our reporter/ Zamfara state governor, Bello Matawalle, on Saturday announced the lifting of the ban on telecommunication services in the state.
The Nigeria Communications Commission(NCC) had in September instructed all telecommunications companies to shut down their services in Zamfara over lingering insecurity in the state.
The governor announced the decision for telecommunication services to restore services in other parts of the state during the congress of All Progressives Congress (APC) in the state.
According to him, the NCC would release all the networks by Monday.
Matawalle said that banditry and kidnapping had been substantially suppressed within the period of the telecom shutdown and that his administration was satisfied with the current security situation in the state.
“I want to announce today that we have taken a decision to lift the ban on telecommunications in the state,” he said.
“God willing, as from next Monday, we shall have that effected.
“The decision was due to encouraging reports of successes achieved in the state from those stringent measures.”
Matawalle, who commended the residents for their resilience and patience during the three months of network suspension, explained that security forces were still flushing out and arresting remnants of the bandits and their collaborators.


Leave a Reply