Bandits, again abduct 50 in Zamfara, set houses on fire

By our reporter| Bandits again attacked Tungar Baushe community in Mutunji district, Maru Local Government Area of Zamfara State, abducting 50 persons in a night attack.

According to a Daily Trust report, houses were burnt in the attacks by the bandits who had earlier asked Tungar Baushe residents to pay a fixed levy to avoid being attacked.

The residents, the report said, however, chose to escape to a neighbouring community called Ruwan Tofa.

Their action was said to have irked the bandits who stormed Ruwan Tofa and identified those who fled from Tungar Baushe.

“The armed men then came and began to burn grain stores and houses of the residents. They intercepted some of the residents who had ran to take cover at Ruwan Tofa community. They also came to Tungar Baushe and abducted 50 persons there,” a resident told the publication.

See also  #EndSarsMemorial: FG mandates compulsory psychiatric test on all security agents

“They did not spare anyone including women, nursing mothers, and children. They herded them into bush. We are now counting losses following this attack even though no one was killed.”

This is the first major attack since the federal government declared Zamfara a no-fly zone on Tuesday.

Related stories

See also  FG inaugurates two regulatory agencies, scraps DPR, PEF, PPPRA

Leave a Reply