Female customs official kidnapped in Lagos

Ebun Francis

Two gunmen abducted Comfort Alaba, an official of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) in Festac Town, Lagos, on Tuesday night. Comfort, attached to Tincan Command SDV, bonded terminal of the Nigeria Custom Service was in the company of her two daughters at Tastee Fried Chicken (TFC) outlet at 22 Road, FESTAC Town, when she was abducted around 8pm.

Faith Alaba, her Daughter took to social media to announce the incident and called on Nigerians and security agents to assist the family to secure the release of her mother.

“My mother was kidnapped this evening in front of me and my younger sister in a black Murano jeep,” she said.

“We were at TFC at 22 road, FESTAC outside in the car and two men came around.

“My sister ran out of the car. My mother was still screaming and struggling when the other one pointed a gun at me.

See also  UAE lifts visa ban on Nigeria - Minister

“We ran away and by the time we looked back as we were screaming for help, they zoomed off.

“Please, reach me and my family on 08166098469.

“Our mother was taken away in a black Murano Jeep with Plate No. EPE103CY.”

“I saw them at close range but I won’t be able to recognise them,” she said.

“I don’t know if anyone has any grudge against my mum but I am appealing to them to please free her.

“Already, we have notified the police at Area E command, but nothing has been done so far to the best of our knowledge.

“We have not been contacted by the kidnappers.  My mother is smallish in stature. She has a gap in her teeth and has a huge birthmark on her arm, which is arrow- like shaped.”

She said, “My mum came to visit us. We were in her Jeep, playing with her. She had spent about 20 minutes with us and was preparing to leave.

See also  Tinubu’s food importation policy could destroy country’s agriculture, Adesina warns

“As I hugged her goodbye, and my sister stepped out of her vehicle, two guys walked up to her and took control of the car.  As I was about to shout, one of them put a gun to my abdomen and said if I shouted he would kill me.

“I suddenly heard a gunshot, and before I knew it, they had zoomed off with her. They wore black clothes. They didn’t say anything to us except when they threatened me. They were two in number.”

She appealed to the kidnappers to release her mother, saying she had not recovered from the shock of the attack.

Uche Ejesieme, customs spokesman in Tincan Island, confirmed the incident while Dolapo Badmos, Lagos police spokeswoman, w also confirmed the incident and said the police are working on her release.