Five suspected Coronavirus cases in Nigeria test negative- NCDC

Ebun Francis| The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control has confirmed that five returning travellers from China into the country tested negative for the Coronavirus, Covid19.

The agency via a tweet on Saturday, said its protocol is to test all returning travellers from China with symptoms.

The NCDC has reiterated that there is no confirmed cases of Coronavirus in the country and urged Nigerians to disregard and discourage unfounded rumours.

The agency, tweet layer on Saturday evening, advised persons that returned from China within the last 14 days to stay indoors and avoid contact with other people.

“Please follow this advice even if you do not have symptoms of the virus,” the NCDC said.

See also  PENGASSAN faults executive order on oil revenue, says Tinubu ill-advised

On Friday, Egypt confirmed the first case in Africa of Coronavirus which broke out in China late in December 2019.

So far, the virus has infected more than 66,000 people and killed more than 1,500.

Leave a Reply