Chidi Samuel| The secretary of the government of the federation, and chairman of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19, Boss Mustapha, on Sunday announced that he has gone into self-isolation.
Mustapha who made the disclosure in a statement seen by Alabingo.com, said the move became necessary after some members of his household tested positive for COVID-19.
“I would like to inform the general public that some members of my household tested positive for COVID-19 yesterday evening”, the statement read.
“Although they are currently asymptomatic, they have been isolated and are receiving care in one of the government treatment centres.
“My wife and I tested negative, but will remain in self-isolation and work from home according to protocols by the health authorities.
“I would like to remind all Nigerians that COVID-19 is real. As the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control announced last week, we are recording an increase in cases across several states.
“Please stay safe and protect yourself. Adhere to all public health and safety measures so that we do not lose the gains we have made in the fight against COVID-19.
“As a family, we covet your prayers.
“Please Take Responsibility for yourself and to protect our country!”
-Nigeria confirms 418 new coronavirus cases
Meanwhile, Nigeria on Sunday confirmed 418 new cases of #COVID19 bringing the country’s caseload to 73,175.
The Nigeria Centre For Disease Control which made the disclosure in a statement via its verified Twitter handle said the new cases were reported in 17 states and the FCT.
Lagos, the pandemic epicentre in Nigeria recorded 113 new infections, followed FCT-86, Abia-47, Kaduna-39, and Rivers-27.
Other states with new infections include, Katsina-22, Benue-14, Oyo-13, Kano-12, Enugu-8, Edo-7, Imo-7, Bauchi-6, Ebonyi-6, Ogun-6, Ondo-4, and Nasarawa-1.
The NCDC further noted that so far, 66,090 persons have recovered from the disease with 1,197 fatalities recorded.