Shekau denies being injured, vows to continue killings

The leader of one of the factions of the Boko Haram terror group, Abubakar Shekau, has denied various media reports that he was injured in an Airstrike carried out by the Nigerian Air Force during te week.

Shekau’s denial was contained in a fourteen-minute video the group released on Friday. In the video, he accused the military of spreading falsehood and swore to carry out more killings.

“You claimed your jets struck at our gathering while we were praying, killed some of us and injured me near Damboa. I don’t even know the town you mentioned,” he said.

“Earlier you claimed I was in Sambisa, now you said I was near Damboa road. You will never know my location. Allah kept out of sight because I believe in him and doing his biddings. Be patient, once my time on earth ends, I will die. Nothing will happen to me.

See also  Governor Yusuf orders arrest of deposed Emir of Kano Aminu Ado Bayero

“We are not worried. We are making this video to dispel your propaganda. Deceitful people end in shame. Shekau is alive… I have not started killing in the name of religion yet. I will start in future.”

Shekau also attacked President Muhammadu Buhari and Tukur Buratai, chief of army staff.

“To Buhari, Buratai, and lawmakers you are shouldering a burden beyond your capacity. Your imagination is more incredible than the tale of a hawk that lifts an elephant,” he said.

“So I’m alive. But if God wills that you will kill me, it is not surprising because many prophets of Allah were killed by infidels. I will be happy to die in the cause of Allah.”

See also  Governor Yusuf orders arrest of deposed Emir of Kano Aminu Ado Bayero

AFP reports monitored in Lagos earlier in the week said that Shekau was injured in a Military Airstrike while his second in command and other senior commanders were killed.